The 2010 edition of the Prajnya 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence is less than six months away, and it is time to start planning! But first, we need a committed, competent and enthusiastic Campaign Coordinator/Assistant.
For this year’s campaign, Prajnya is looking to hire a Campaign Coordinator/Campaign Assistant for a four-month period from 1 September to 31 December 2010. Please note:
- This is a Chennai-based position and a working knowledge of Tamil is essential;
- This is a flexible position, with work-out-of-home options on some days; however the person must be available and willing to work long hours.
Interested candidates must:
- Have strong administrative skills and a willingness to multitask;
- Have good writing and drafting skills;
- Be very proficient at using the Internet for research and communication;
- Be willing to travel around Chennai to meet people;
- Must have access to Internet from home, and be highly proficient at Word, Excel and other packages;
- Have basic knowledge of and interest in gender and human rights issues.
This position is ideal for:
- Recent social work/ development/ women’s studies graduates to earn excellent experience in advocacy and organization.
- Chennai-based candidates as we cannot pay for relocation.
If you or anyone you know is interested, please email a CV and a brief covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 July 2010. Remuneration will be based on experience. To find out more about the campaign, please see http://www.prajnya.in/16days.htm
The Prajnya Trust is a Chennai-based non-profit centre for research, public education and networking. Every year, between 25 November and 10 December, Prajnya organises the 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence to raise awareness of the different ways in which women, in particular, are vulnerable to violence.
Please feel free to circulate this note. Thanks!